Friday, December 22, 2017

A look back

It has been almost two years since I have started learning PPD. At the very first, since this is a non GPA subject, I honestly did not pay much attention, but after doing few activities, I started to like this, maybe a little bit better than some of the boring theory lectures. It did not take me much time to realize that having a good academic knowledge is not the only important thing that matters in your life or career. Your skills and most importantly your attitudes do matter too. PPD was the place for me where I improved myself a lot.
Among the many things I have learnt, PPD taught us to,

  • be creative
  • be a strategic thinker
  • identify our own strengths and weaknesses
  • identify our life goals and work hard to achieve them
  • be a team leader
  • work as a team, negotiate with others and to listen to other people
  • how to manage our time
  • how to work under stress
  • improve our presentation skills
  • work with different people and to respect each one's ideas
  • how to take immediate decisions
  • how to behave in a situation
  • how to make a proper CV
  • how to face an interview
  • how to be a better person and many more
The above mentioned ones are just a few things among many others that I have learnt in PPD. Overall, PPD taught me to be a better person attitude-wise as well as skill-wise. It helped me a lot to improve my personality. Another one of the many important things it has taught me is to be a dreamer, and to work hard to achieve those dreams. This subject also helped me a lot to identify people, interact with people and be socialize among them. It taught me to look at something with different angles of views and to understand a situation better.
I believe it is important to have such a subject included in all the undergraduates' time table. I have gained many things to my life and thank you very much to all the lecturers and facilitators for giving us such a wonderful opportunity. It was not just another subject to me, it was a place which taught so many life lessons as well as a place we had fun and enjoyed ourselves.

10 comments:

A look back

It has been almost two years since I have started learning PPD. At the very first, since this is a non GPA subject, I honestly did not pay m...